Monday, April 7, 2014

Roller Coaster of Life

Life is a roller coaster. There are many ups and downs. I like to really focus on the ups, but sometimes it's not always possible. Right now is one of those downs.

David was diagnosed with cancer in August 2001. On April 2, 2006, five years after living a fulfilled life, he came home on hospice. It was the beginning of a ten week process that still resurfaces as a bittersweet memory every spring. However, like in 2006, life doesn't stop when April begins. And no matter how much I stare at the clock, time does not slow down. In fact, it almost seems as though during this time, my plate gets fuller as though I am being pushed to the limits and tested. I know that God would not give me more than I can endure and many times I have to take a step back and realize that I can do all of this and more. That is the strength of a caregiver...we keep enduring.

And I know that I am not the only one going through this. I know that at any given day, at any given minute, even second, there are people feeling the exact same feeling I am right now. And that is what gives me hope and strength to continue,.

I am back on my way up.
David & I in 2005 enjoying time together because we knew time was short. Behind us is a picture my daughter, Faith, drew of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment